Accept and Continue

Cookies on this site

This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Social

This page contains details of the club social activities.

Saturday 2 July 2022 Bingo

Saturday 4 June 2022 14:00 Queens Platinum Jubilee Games followed by Cream Tea

Thursday 19 May 2022 10:00 Plant & Cake Sale

Saturday 14 May 2022 19:30 Bingo

Phoenix Trophy

This game has been postponed due to a number of positive COVID tests being recorded with the participants. 

Saturday 19 March 2022 sees the annual Dorchester Men v Dorchester Ladies contest for the Phoenix Trophy.  The game gets under way at 14:00, supporters welcome.  The Phoenix Trophy was set up to celebrate the re-opening of Dorchester Bowls Club following an arson attack in March 2011.  The year's event is being sponsored by Somerleigh Court Nursing Home.  Details of Somerleigh Court can be found on their website.

Past Activities

Saturday 12 March 2022 20:00 Race Night

Many thanks to Tony Palmer and his team for a brilliant evening on Saturday 12 March 2022, very much enjoyed by all. The whole event was yet again so well organised! Thank you all so much for all your efforts which very kindly raised £182 for my chosen charity Joseph Weld Hospice.

Kind regards Sandra Hubbard, President

Saturday 5 March 2022 20:00 Bingo

Thursday 3 March 11:00-18:00 Top Rink Bowls Roadshow

Sunday 27 February 2022 14:00 President's Day

President's Fun Day

Sandra Hubbard hosted a successful President's Fun Day on Sunday 27 February 2022.

"It was a great day thank you to all who came along. Considering I could only hold  it indoors it was very successful and everyone said they enjoyed it.
The winners of the prize to make me smile was Eric & Hazel Newboult and runners up Kate & Geoff Webber.
Amount raised is £418.30 including £86.85 of that was very kindly donated by Dave & Gwen in the guess the amount in the five pence whisky bottle."

Photos from the event can be viewed in the gallery.

Queen's Jubilee Cream Tea Queen's Jubilee Cream Tea