JCM STATEMENT - 18 MARCH 2020
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Update No 2
At the Executive Committee meeting on Wednesday 18 March at 2.30pm attended by the Club's Executive and the Chairman of the Bowls Committee, the following was agreed:-
• Dorchester Bowls Club will close with immediate effect.
• The decision will be under constant review.
• All room bookings are cancelled and meetings including the Club AGM will be postponed until further notice.
• Stewards’ responsibilities will be postponed until further notice.
• The green will continue to be maintained pending re-opening.
• Outdoor renewal fees (due by 1st April) will be suspended and any already paid will be refunded.
• For Outdoor only Members to retain their club membership, the Club Membership Fee of £12 remains due (if they have already paid in full a refund will be made less £12 membership fee).
• On receipt of a membership fee of £12.00, any new bowlers wishing to join the Club will be considered for membership at the first opportunity when the club re-opens.
• The re-opening will be celebrated with a “party” and all bowling will be free of charge from then until Sept 30th by which date Indoor Membership will be due to have been paid. Further details will be made available nearer the time.
• The Club phone will have an answer message to redirect calls, but receiving of messages will be disabled.
Executive Committee Dorchester Bowls Club - 18 March 2020
HAVE A GO AT INDOOR AND OUTDOOR BOWLING
Each year we run two open days to help people learn about bowls and encourage them to join the club.
The open days are in February / March and September / October. The recent Open Day Saturday 1st February was a great success with 33 people turning up and 20 + indicating a wish to attend the 5 week beginners course.
Our next course will be in September but people wishing to have a go before then can come along for a taster session. Just call Mike Lofthouse 01305 265374 to arrange a visit. All equipment, bowls shoes and various items for disabled people (eg special wheelchairs that can be used on the rinks) are available at the club. The taster includes a tour of the extensive facilities we have on site, a taster session on the green and refreshments and drinks are on offer in our cafeteria / bar area.
We encourage all ages from children through to the older generation to have a go but to comply with club rules our junior coaching sessions can only take children over the age of 9 - 10 years. Junior bowlers are welcome to come and join a flourishing team of youngsters who meet every Saturday morning at 9.30 am throughout the school year.
We are a member run club and have a very friendly relationship with all our bowlers.
Mike Lofthouse (Coach Co-ordinator)